Sophie Bartosch’s field of activity is the climate policy orientation of development banks. She works on investment criteria to align financial flows with global climate goals and analyses how development banks can better support the Paris Agreement. In her projects, she works together with NGOs and think tanks from the Global South and North. Her responsibilities include research, coordination of international partners as consortium lead, promotion of networks and exchange with civil society, development banks and policy makers.
- with Germanwatch since 2018
- 2017: research fellow at the Kiel Institute for the World Economy and consultant for greenhouse gas accounting and sustainability certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Governance and Public Policy and Master’s degree in Economics: Passau, Toulouse and Berlin
Focus of Work:
- aligning development assistance with the goals of the Paris Agreement
- role of multilateral and national development banks for climate mitigation
- shifting of financial flows