Senior Advisor - Climate Finance and Investments
+49 (0)228 / 60 492-45
+49 (0)228 / 60 492-19
David Eckstein has extensive expertise in international climate finance. His work focuses on the Green Climate Fund, the Adaptation Fund, the negotiations on climate finance in the UNFCCC and the Standing Committee on Finance.
In the past, he has implemented a research project for the Federal Ministry of the Environment in Germany on further development of the international climate finance architecture. Furthermore, he leads the Climate Finance Advisory Service (CFAS) – a consultancy project that among other things prepares technical background analyses on finance issues for negotiators from developing countries.
- with Germanwatch since 2012
- studied Economics in Bonn and Sevilla, degree: Diploma of Economics, University of Bonn
Focus of Work:
- Green Climate Fund
- Adaptation Fund
- Standing Committee on Finance
- UNFCCC negotiations to climate finance
- project lead CFAS
- co-author Global Climate Risk Index